I’ve been building up a collection of border files for us to use in Google Fusion table maps – and these are the key ones. You can download these as KML files or as CSVs. Or merge them with your data. If you have a shp file you what to convert to Google Fusion tables try shpescape, which will do it for you.
And there’s a new site too which looks promising: Inquiron, which converts geofiles into a variety of formats.
Google’s Public Data explorer is a good place to find others too.
I would love this to become more comprehensive – do you have any borders you can share?
- Health boundaries (pre 2010)
- Health: New England health boundaries, Care Commissioning groups
- Local Authorities, UK (post-2010)
- Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs, used for deprivation and census and updated after 2011)
- Middle Super Output Area (MSOA)
- Police Force Areas